Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A New Resident

Remember this picture?



I still have it saved as the background on my desktop. It is worth more to me than the world's most coveted painting.

Well, Tom and I are delighted to announce that a new resident has moved into the house. We are expecting our fourth child this October 5, and we are absolutely thrilled!

This pregnancy has been a difficult journey from the start, and there are days when I am filled with apprehension over all of the "what ifs." I am truly walking this out one day at a time, thanking God for every kick and wiggle along the way.

And I am learning to trust God a little more each day.

Please be in prayer for our family as we approach the 20-week ultrasound next week. This is a big milestone for us, as it is the appointment where we were told the devastating news about David's prognosis.

Thank you for your faithful prayers! Will keep you posted ...

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you so much! Definitely will be praying! Hope to see you soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - that's wonderful news, Rachael! I'll definitely be praying for you, Tom, and Baby #4, and anxiously awaiting your next update. Blessings to you,
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. rachael, as both a follower of your blog and a childhood friend of tommy's, this post brought me to tears. congratulations. will be thinking of you as the 20 week appointment draws near.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!!! Wow! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. That is truly amazing news! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Rachael & Tommy! My husband & I are expecting a baby girl in August. I'll keep you in my prayers -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel- so happy for you and your sweet family! All our love & prayers to you on this precious baby girl.

    ReplyDelete