Saturday, March 5, 2011

LIFE Day Recap - Part #1

Tom and I have been incredibly blessed by so many who celebrated David's birthday with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your participation! Over the next week, we will be posting our family's celebration of David's birthday, along with all of the things that each of you did in honor of David's life. I hope that all of you are as blessed as we have been by reading these stories.

Aunt Jenny & Harrison
Harrison and I had an awesome time bringing a smile to the many faces at Noble Village today! Harrison passed out chocolate candies and the people loved having a little guy around. This is something we will do again! It was so wonderful to bring a little joy to their day!



Laura & Ron
We have donated to an orphan scholarship fund in Kazakhstan in remembrance of David. In addition, we have written to missionaries in Kazakhstan to share your LIFE story and to encourage them in their mission work. This family (Doug & Shelley) was unable to bring a baby to full term, but have adopted and are fostering children from Kazakhstan as well as working in children’s school for poor children in Kazakhstan. I hope that through David's life they are blessed. Thanks for making the challenge to your friends. It was so worthwhile. Attached Doug & Shelley’s picture in Kazakhstan.


Mimi & Papa
In honor of David’s first LIFE celebration we are dedicating the weekend of February 18 through 20 to service. On February 18 we visited the Assisted Living Facility at Vienna Square in Winter Haven, FL, visiting and encouraging the residents. On February 19 we attended the annual Park Ministries Rally in honor of Dr. Melvin Maxwell. We helped prepare for the rally, helped during the rally and then after the rally. Park Ministries ministers to retired individuals living in 50 mobile parks in and around central Florida. The service was wonderful and emphasized Dr. Melvin Maxwell, the founder of Park Ministries by honoring him during the ceremonies. Dr. Maxwell is also the great grandfather of David Nathaniel Watson. What a great and fulfilling privilege it is to serve others and to have David Nathaniel Watson on this earth to hold and love for seven hours. We love you and miss you David but we will reunite with you in heaven someday soon.



Rachel & Terry
We decided to support some missionary friends in Japan for a year in honor of David’s little life. We have been talking about it for months, and his birthday spurred us on to jump on it and do it!!

Anonymous
I was a the grocery store and was approached by a man who was wanting money. He said he wanted it for groceries. Instead of telling him no and walking away like I usually do, I decided to take him in the store and pay for his food. He smelled strongly of alcohol, and I am sure he would have purchased more if I would have just given him money. Anyway, even after the shopping trip he pleaded for cash to use for the bus, and then he pleaded for a ride since he had so much to carry on his bike. I had to refuse both of those request, and for me more than helping him buy food....what I think was done that was more for God's glory was that I bent and served God by serving a man that normally I would say did not need or deserve what he was asking for. I believe God equipped me to be tender where I needed to be and firm where I knew I had to be. All credit to Him. The man's name is Albert. Please pray for his salvation.

Sheri's Family
I just wanted to let you know what an amazing day we had yesterday in honor of David's birthday. God worked it out so that all 4 of us were able to go to the "Oaks" on Post Road and visit w/a 94 year old gentleman whom we had never met before. We went late afternoon and visited with him for quite awhile and the comments afterward from our children were great. We are all planning to go back in a few weeks and help him celebrate his birthday. His name is Clarence and he is a native of Atlanta but his family is scattered and he never has any visitors. God truly blessed US yesterday and I hope He blessed you all as well with something truly special.

Michele
In church Sunday it came to me what I would like to do to honor David's memory. I am going use the letters in my niece's name, along with Sylvia Gunter's, ABC's of Who You Are in Christ, to send weekly encouragements to her. I sent the first one yesterday, M is for Masterpiece. I pray she will come to know herself and her all Loving Father through the personal promises and truths written in His Word.

Mike & Pat
It is hard to believe that a year has gone by since God allowed David to bless and continue to bless so many lives in a very short time. In honor of David's life and the life of another very special baby, we decided to donate money to help others in need.

Barb
I was so thrilled to read about your idea to honor David. I then thought, how in the world do I have time to do something even though my heart wanted to. My days are filled in caring for my mother and father right now. Then I remembered that I was having a birthday party for my mother's friend of 50 years who was turning 98 years old today. It was not a big party, just a time to get together and honor her many years and her many years of loving the Lord. So, I thought, this could be a way to honor David. God knows our days and for reasons we may never know his days for David were short and the days for Margaret are very long. But they both bring honor and glory to the Lord. It isn't much, but I just didn't want this time to slip away from me without communicating to you how much we still care and love you. I am so sorry for the pain you have had to bear but we all know that it is all for his Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment